catia v5 r18 graphics issue on bootcamp windows xp sp3

Reaction score
i have installed catia V5 R18 on bootcamp windows xp professional sp3,but the graphics isnt showing well ? how do i configure it to get the best graphics

my system config
15-inch: 2.53GHz
Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB Memory
250GB hard drive
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics
snow leopard

bootcamp config
windows xp sp3 partitioned with ntfs 33 gb
currently
2 processor cores
1800 mb graphics
18 gb free in 33 gb

pls check out the attachment here

190320101274.jpg

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Looks like you're not using the best resolution for your display. Use the nVidia control panel in Windows and reset the resolution to the native resolution of your Mac.

Remember - you must set it while in Windows, not from Snow Leopard.

Regards.

OP
B
Reaction score
pls clarify whr can i reset nVidia,pls guide me
i've got a nVidia nView Desktop Manager in VMware fusion - bootcamp - windows xp control panel,that doesnt respond if i click on it,is it the one ?
ultimately i wanna use both mac and windows xp using VMware Fusion

Reaction score
In Fusion, you're not using the nVidia device directly, you are using a virtual graphics adapter in your virtual machine. That's why it won't work under Fusion. From within Windows in Fusion, go the the Control Panel and Display section and set the resolution in there.

If you also have Windows installed under Boot Camp, it should work when you reboot into Windows from Control Panel as well, under the nVidia application or the Display box either way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS
Why do you guys still use XP? You know that it's ancient, right?

OP
B
Reaction score
yea it works in windows if i directly boot into windows,without using fusion.
but my job needs both platforms at a time,Catia V5 (cad software) works only in windows platform and the office works in mac.so i need to use fusion to work in both at a time.i tried to change the display settings in Vmware fusion - windows but it didnt work.
is thr any way i can allocate more graphics memory to virtual graphics adapter in my virtual machine ?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.