iWork help -new to Mac!

Reaction score
I might have a redicilous question, but I think it's kinda annoying.
I am new to Mac and just bought iWork '09, which I already love. There's just one thing;
When I save/open a file in Pages, it automatically opens up in the Doucments folder. Can I change the default location to another folder than Documents?

Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 MacBook Pro Uni, 2.4GHz 4GB, 128 Samsung SSD
aditorial addling

Hi There!

Welcome to the wonderful world of mac! Im pretty sure you cant change the default location. But, when you click on save, you get 2 options, Save As, and below that, you get where. this is there it says documents. If you have a look, just along from there it says Save, there is a triangle in a blue box, click on this and then the box expands, giving you the option to save anywhere you like :D

Hope it helps.

l.jpg

Attachments

• k.jpg
    k.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Does that Advanced Options line lead to another dialog??? Maybe the default location pointer is hiding in there...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 MacBook Pro Uni, 2.4GHz 4GB, 128 Samsung SSD
It doesn't unfortunately, it just asks if you want to import external media into the document.

C

chas_m

If I'm not mistaken (and I sometimes am, so this could be a case), iWork will "remember" the last place you saved to and serve that up as the new "default" (assuming its still available to the system).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.