• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Burning subtitles into movie

Reaction score
Hi

I got a film clip that i wanna add some subtitles into (burn in) and im wondering how to do it… From wrinting the text to burning it into the film on my mac..

The film-format is .wmv if that changes anything..

/Marcus

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
There are several freeware and shareware apps that do this. A quick trip to versiontracker should give you a few ideas. I haven't really explored this much. I have only done this for part of a video. I think I used Jubler subtitle editor.

OP
J
Reaction score
"Mplayer executable was not found" just shows up when Im trying to add the filmclip into the program...

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sounds like it might be looking for MPlayerOSX. The description and it says rendering subtitles is supported. I think I already had it installed when I experimented with Jubbler.

OP
J
Reaction score
I got a final subtitle to a movie thanks to jubler.. How do i burn it into the movie so I can add the movie to youtube with subtitle?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.