Video Clips to DVD?

Reaction score
Is there a way to put clips downloaded from You Tube or other online sources on DVD? I was able to burn the files - but the DVD player does not recognize them. I presume the file format has to be converted? If so, how do I do that? Thanks

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
What did you use to do that?

OP
R
Reaction score
I dropped these files onto DVD drive as shown in Finder. I actually don’t remember where the Burn button was. This answer came up when I searched the data base. I see no way to use iDVD. iMovie will not import the .flv files.

Did I violate ‘community guidelines”?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I dropped these files onto DVD drive as shown in Finder. I actually don’t remember where the Burn button was. This answer came up when I searched the data base. I see no way to use iDVD. iMovie will not import the .flv files.

Did I violate ‘community guidelines”?

Nope, just trying to figure out why it wouldn't play in your DVD player and how you went about doing it the first time.

Most standard DVD players need to have the data formatted in a specific way. When you burn individual files on a "data" DVD disc, they're not in a format the player can understand. So, the trick is to convert that .flv data to a DVD format before burning. I believe Toast can do this on-the-fly, but it's not cheap.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.