OSX Panther BETA - Mouse Frozen

M

monoone

I just loaded the Beta version of Panther and my mouse (curser) is frozen. I have an ibook. I have rebooted several times but this does not help.

How can I revert back to Jag just using keyboard strokes?

OP
J

jcromartie

But for serious... do you have two installations? two partitions? otherwise, there is no way to "revert..."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
you might not be able to do much if its a problem with panther. mine works fine. i have it installed on my external drive, cause it is a beta after all. Maybe youre not out of luck though. What kind of mouse is it? Is it connected to the computer? keyboard? USB hub? have you tried unplugging and plugging it back in?

but no, you cant revert back, when you installed panther, it replaces jaguar system files with panther system files

OP
M

monoone

MacAddikt said:
you might not be able to do much if its a problem with panther. mine works fine. i have it installed on my external drive, cause it is a beta after all. Maybe youre not out of luck though. What kind of mouse is it? Is it connected to the computer? keyboard? USB hub? have you tried unplugging and plugging it back in?

but no, you cant revert back, when you installed panther, it replaces jaguar system files with panther system files

So... I guess I bite the bullet and re-install Jag. Will I lose all my aps?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
yes, you will lose all your apps on a reinstall

OP
J

jcromartie

Just go ahead and start up with the Jaguar install disc. When you get to a certain point, there will be an "options" button that will display a choice between "upgrade" (not applicable in this case) "clean(full?) install" and "archive and install." Select "archive and install" and continue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
ive never tried going backwards in OS's on an archive and install. hopefully it works

OP
S

StealthMode

A buddy of mine was tellen me that the guy he works with is useing the beta of Panther and he said it has more stability than Jag. I'd like to try it out myself, but ****, it's week an a half away from being released, why bother. :D

Stealth -

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.