New Magic Mouse and dual screens..

Reaction score
I like the new Magic mouse but I am short on up and down (back & forth) space and wanted to see of there is a way to get the mouse pointer to move faster up and down or to get it to jump down to the lower screen (extra screen is below iMac) with a short cut maybe?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS
The first task seems do-able, but the second... wouldn't it just be easier to move the mouse than to use a shortcut? hehe

There might be tools that will let you manually change the mouse acceleration on the webs.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
System Preferences > Mouse > Tracking Speed. That will control the speed at which your cursor moves.

OP
D
Reaction score
System Preferences > Mouse > Tracking Speed. That will control the speed at which your cursor moves.

The speed is already set at the max for tracking. I can get the pointer to move from about 1/3 of the screen distance from the top of the screen down at fastest speed as I only have about 1-1/2" of space on my mouse pad due to a built in wrist pad. So then I have to lift the mouse up and move it on the pad to get more real-estate to move the pointer again. With the nice scrolling you get it is not hard to get to webpage locations to click on, but it would be nice if I could jump down to the lower screen and then back up with the mouse pointer for when I am using both area's, like when I have itunes below and email up top.. etc....

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.