checking build system type

Reaction score
Hi

Im a newb to mac; while configuring a systemc open code i got following error:

$ ../configure
checking build system type... configure: error: cannot guess build type; you must specify one
Channi:eek:bjdir Channi$

I have no clue what it is complaining for, somebody help me out of this.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Take a look at this. My guess is that you need to specify the specific build type for OS X. I don't know what that might be I'm going to guess it includes darwin in there somewhere.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks vansmith

I got thru that, but stuck again at the next step.

i wrote gnumake on the terminal for make and got the following error. Basically INSTALL help of the systemc2.0 tells me to do so for installation.

[Channi:~/Downloads/systemc-2.2.0/objdir] Channi% gnumake
Making all in src
Making all in sysc
Making all in kernel
g++ -I. -I. -I../../../../src/sysc/kernel -I../../../../src -Wall -DSC_INCLUDE_FX -O3 -c -o sc_cor_qt.o `test -f '../../../../src/sysc/kernel/sc_cor_qt.cpp' || echo '../../../../src/sysc/kernel/'`../../../../src/sysc/kernel/sc_cor_qt.cpp
../../../../src/sysc/kernel/sc_cor_qt.cpp: In member function 'virtual void sc_core::sc_cor_qt::stack_protect(bool)':
../../../../src/sysc/kernel/sc_cor_qt.cpp:97: error: 'caddr_t' was not declared in this scope
../../../../src/sysc/kernel/sc_cor_qt.cpp:97: error: expected `;' before 'redzone'
../../../../src/sysc/kernel/sc_cor_qt.cpp:109: error: 'redzone' was not declared in this scope
../../../../src/sysc/kernel/sc_cor_qt.cpp:111: error: 'redzone' was not declared in this scope
gnumake[3]: *** [sc_cor_qt.o] Error 1
gnumake[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gnumake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gnumake: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Could you help me on this

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.