desktop images

Reaction score
Whatever I click in the panel 'system preferences, desktop/screensaver', it reverts to 'stretch to fill screen' each time. There seems to be no button to 'ok' the choices.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
This is on the Desktop side of the Desktop & Screen Saver panel? In Snow Leopard?
(I have Leopard, and no choice for stretching the image.)
Are there other choices? If so, you can probably only have one selected at a time, thus there is no need for an OK button to confirm a change.

But, when does it revert to stretch, and from what other setting?

Reaction score
Whatever I click in the panel 'system preferences, desktop/screensaver', it reverts to 'stretch to fill screen' each time. There seems to be no button to 'ok' the choices.
You're right; there is no "OK" button; these changes are dynamic and on the fly.
If you want to change the image to "Centered", for example, just select from the pull-down menu and it's done. :)

Hope this info helps. :Cool:

OP
M
Reaction score
reverts to stretch

I keep clicking the choice 'centre' in the drop-down panel but it just reverts to stretch every time!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I keep clicking the choice 'centre' in the drop-down panel but it just reverts to stretch every time!

again...
when does it revert to stretch, ...

You got the second part, so I deleted that. It reverts immediately, while you're still looking at the pref pane? Or, does it behave as if it's listening to you, then revert after you close the pane?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.