2 questions on iWeb

Reaction score
1. Where does iWeb keep your files?
2. How do I change the metadata that appears on the web site's tab in my browser? I have a misspelling but can't see how to change it except in the HTML code which is not persistent between sessions.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
1. ~/Library/Application Support/iWeb. It is a folder that contains other folders and files. The ~ is your home folder.

Do NOT mess with the project files manually. Changes should only be done via iWeb.

2. I'm not sure what you are saying. It sounds like you should just find the spelling error in your iWeb project, fix it, and re-upload.

OP
M
Reaction score
2. I'm not sure what you are saying. It sounds like you should just find the spelling error in your iWeb project, fix it, and re-upload.

At some point when you first set up your new web site you give it a name. This name only appears in the browser tab when a user visits the site. I can't find where that is set in iWeb so I can't correct it. It does appear in the source file metadata so I can correct it once the files are uploaded to the web server but the next time I upload iWeb restores the error.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Click on the top level of the project name on the left side where the projects and folders appears. A window appears where you normally edit a web page. Try changing the 'Site name:" there.

OP
M
Reaction score
Click on the top level of the project name on the left side where the projects and folders appears. A window appears where you normally edit a web page. Try changing the 'Site name:" there.

That's not it. What that Site name does is provides the base folder under which all the source files are kept.

I think I'll try creating a new web site and see if that reveals the culprit.

OP
M
Reaction score
I think I'll try creating a new web site and see if that reveals the culprit.

Here is what I learned. The browser tab gets the same text as whatever appears in the 2nd text box from the top of your homepage. (The 1st text box seems to be put there as a default when you start and it is not easy to delete it.) I was using a font in that 2nd box that has only upper case letters so I couldn't see that when I typed it in I mixed up upper/lower case letters.

HTH someone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.