maximizing battery life

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 MacBook (m5), 2013 macbook pro retina 15", 2009 MBP non retina 13", 2014 21" iMac
Hello and thank you for the help!

Ive read and received conflicting reports regarding battery life and would like to get your input.

When your battery is say at 75% and you are using your macbook at home, do you tend to plug it in or just let it run off the battery if you are near an outlet?

I wasnt sure if plugging it in cycles the battery unecessarily or if it saves the battery by not using it by plugging the macbook in. Ive been told to let the battery run down before plugging it in and also to save the battery by plugging in anytime you can. Kinda confused on this one :Confused:

Thank you!

my best,

rick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Hello , I tend to leave my Macbook plugged in most of the time as I use a 24 inch monitor so...I unplug once a week or so to surf from the couch and that type of thing.
FYI here is Apples take on the subject :
Apple - Batteries - Notebooks

Hope it helps
Clay

OP
greyhound rick
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 MacBook (m5), 2013 macbook pro retina 15", 2009 MBP non retina 13", 2014 21" iMac
Thank you Clay!

I think after reading the link that i will try to mix it up a little and run on the battery and plug in off and on!

(Oh, by the way, we are trying to keep your Cubs here in Arizona for Spring Training!! Looks like we just approved a bill to build you guys a new stadium!)

Have a great day,

rick

Reaction score
I haven't been a long time user of the mac so I might not be a good person to comment, but I normally run on batteries till it is down to an hour remaining or so and then charge it completely back up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Thank you Clay!

I think after reading the link that i will try to mix it up a little and run on the battery and plug in off and on!

(Oh, by the way, we are trying to keep your Cubs here in Arizona for Spring Training!! Looks like we just approved a bill to build you guys a new stadium!)

Have a great day,

rick

Ya my Ma ( lives in Sun City ) was just telling me the news about the new ballpark . Thanx and congrats on keeping the Cubbys around !

Clay

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.