iMac + PC + D-link wireless router = no LAN

Reaction score
Hello.

I am having trouble setting up LAN between my iMac and PC. I am using wireless D-link DIR-300 router.

Both computers are receiving internet, however on neither on them the other one is in the network. I can see both computers on my routers DHCP client list.

I seted up workgroup "HOME" under my airport settings->WINS, but that didn't changed anything.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Welcome to the Forum. Are you on DSL ADSL or Cable? What OS on the iMac?
Both computers are receiving internet, however on neither on them the other one is in the network
Can you have another shot at that - i think there is a typo.

OP
gustavs
Reaction score
I am using DSL.

Mac: OS X 10.6.2
Windows: Windows 7

Well, both Windows and Mac are able to use the internet, however LAN isn't working correctly.

I was able to connect to windows from mac using SMB, but I can't access the shared printer which is connected to windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
i am windows illiterate so cant help u there - someone else?

OP
gustavs
Reaction score
I managed to setup the printer too. The hard way.

If anyone else needs to know here is how:
System preferences -> Printers & Fax -> Add Printer -> Advanced

Type: Windows
URL: smb://username:p[email protected]/printername (the printers SHARING name is set in Windows -> Printer preferences. It should have no spaces or other symbols)

Name: as you wish
Print Using: Choose "Select printer software" and find drivers for your printer.

That's all.

The only thing I haven't been able to do is make the shared computer appear in Finders sidebar. It only appears there after I've connected to it manually using Finders connect to server function.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.