logic board replaced on my MBP

Reaction score
Hi there, my question is just simple as:

Is there a software or Mac OSX function that allow me to know what kind of logic board (serial o part number) is installed on my MBP (early 2008)?

thanks in advance!

OP
Z
Reaction score
First: thanks for answer this!
Second: The issue here is that my logic board was replaced for a temporary "old" logic board, as the new logic board will arrive next month, and I wanna know what kind of logic board they installed without open up my MBP.

is it possible to know via software or MAC OSX function?

(my english kinda sucks, sorry)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
It won't be possible without opening up the machine and having a look.

OP
Z
Reaction score
ouch, ok! now i'll be alert when they will try to replace the new one piece and get the serial of it. Thanks for your time and consideration!

Reaction score
hi, i am selling a macbook 17" pro logic board on ebay and someone is asking what the part number is. i have looked all over the board and all i can find is 820-2023-A which i think is the model number. there are more numbers which are printed on stickers on the ram surround and i thought one of them might have been the serial number but according to A.S.N.I. Decode your Mac's serial number., it doesnt seem to be so. does anyone know how i can find the parts number or where it is printed on the board?

many thanks.
matt.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.