Can I delete this folder?

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new and have a question.

I haven't been using my new macbook for very long. A folder just showed up in Documents called "Study Library.studyLibrary" and I don't know what it is. It's not very big (29kb) and has two items in it called Data and Info.plist, which both open with Textedit (they contain gibberish), and a seemingly empty folder called Sync.

Does anyone know what it might be? I want to delete it.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Have you installed any software recently? It looks like something that a program would place there - especially the plist file which is the Windows equivalent of an *.ini file.

I wouldn't delete it, but if it annoys you, move it to a temporary folder and see what happens. Just remember where you moved it from. Or, you can delete it, but leave it in the Trash for several days. If it's needed, restoring from Trash will put it back where it was. Just don't empty the Trash!

Regards.

OP
S
Reaction score

Thanks very much, I'll try one of those things and see what happens

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
What happens when you do Get Info on the folder, or files in it? Does it identify the application which created it?

For example, if I do that on an Excel document, Get Info says "Kind: Microsoft Excel Document"

OP
S
Reaction score
I just worked it out - it came from a little flashcard app that I downloaded then immediately trashed.

Thanks for your help. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.