Why is Printing from OS X Making My Life so Hard??? HELP!!!!!!

Reaction score
I have a sh*tastic HP Photosmart C4680 which has been having a range of problems collaborating with Mac OSx from randomly going offline (to which i have to do power cycles until it decides to be recognized by the compute) to the most annoying one which is only printing half images.

for example i wanted to print a family picture and it started at the very top of the page and started printing from everyones neck on down...what the heck!?

i tried re-installing drivers, updates, etc. making sure that the ink cardtridges are full and i also made sure that the paper size setting was correct....

my current settings are to print the image as photo paper best...8.5 x 11, etc.

these are the SAME exact settings ive used a couple weeks ago with no problems..

what else could be the problem? HELP!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I had the same problem last week look at the preview and see if it has the dotted lines
around the area of the printing instead of the whole picture and yes it does not make sense if the setting is 8.5 x 11. I make sure that the crop feature is taking up the entire
picture would like to turn that feature off but so far have not found a way.

OP
M
Reaction score
I had the same problem last week look at the preview and see if it has the dotted lines
around the area of the printing instead of the whole picture and yes it does not make sense if the setting is 8.5 x 11. I make sure that the crop feature is taking up the entire
picture would like to turn that feature off but so far have not found a way.

hi.

in the past i just double clicked on the photo and hit print and it would come out fine...

i dont see any dotted lines nor any indication that the crop feature is "on"....

:( thanks for ur help though
any other ideas??

so frustrating!

C

chas_m

Given the low prices of decent printers these days, why not just kick the HP POS to the curb and get a better one? Epson and Canon in particular are well-regarded in the community.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.