Liquid Submersion Indicators

Reaction score
I heard that the new macbooks have LSI's. Do the old ones with the seperate trackpad and clicker have them?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
From what I found at apple's own forums, they have been included since october 2008.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And the purpose is to disqualify machines with liquid spills from warranty work.

C

chas_m

And just in case anyone here has a "bright" idea, removing them is the same thing as admitting you submerged it, so it will still void the warranty.

PS. Any reasonably experienced tech can detect liquid damage even without LSIs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5, 6gb ram, 500gb hard drive. 2010 13" MacBook Air 1.86 C2D, 4gb ram, 128gb HD.
PS. Any reasonably experienced tech can detect liquid damage even without LSIs.

This is truth. I have a question though. The article mentions that people that live in humid locations might have problems with warranties if the indicators are red when there have been no spills. Have there been any reported cases of this??? I live in Florida...Tampa/Orlando area, which is notorious for its humidity so this concerns me a little bit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
If you live in a humid climate and this were to occur, I am certain that the repairer would be in that same humid climate and be aware of this. Regardless, if there was no liquid damage, then you could insist that they inspected the logic board and components for liquid damage knowing that they wouldn't find any, and therefor you'd be covered under warranty.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.