Can't install on OSX, install button disables then re-enables?

Reaction score
Hey guys, hopefully someone can help me out, I have just moved to mac recently and am a bit rusty!

Basically anytime I try and install anything the 'Install' button will disable when I click it (as if it is about to install the program) and then just go back to it's previous stage of allowing you to click it, this process just repeats itself and I can install anything.

I remember looking this problem up before on another forum (I cant remember what I typed in so this is why I am here). Last time I deleted a file in my library (I think!) and it all worked.

If anyone would give me some help on this I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

-Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

How about some advice on the model of the machine and the OS you are trying to install otherwise we are flying blind? Question 2 what discs are you using for whatever OS your are trying to install - are they original discs, full retail install, or silver grey discs from another machine? Question 3 have you partitioned and formatted the hard drive?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.