Same software update keeps showing up every software update check

Reaction score
every time my MBP looks for updates the "Pro Applications Update 2005-01" shows up every single time. i don't even have any pro applications. are these multiple updates building up and wasting space on my hard drive? how can i get rid of this update from appearing every time?

OP
Z
Reaction score
that does not explain why it reappears on every software update after installing it and i don't have any of the programs the update is for.

Reaction score
Did you download a trial of anything then delete it? I had a trial of Aperture 3 which I deleted but soon after I saw this Pro Applications Update...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
that does not explain why it reappears on every software update after installing it and i don't have any of the programs the update is for.

That doesn't compute: installed it, don't have it.... what?

Anyway, that first part is easy to fix:
Highlight the item, select Update > Ignore Update
You won't see it again unless you select Software Update > Reset Ignored Updates

You may also be able to get them into the Ignored state by pressing the Delete key after highlighting. This doesn't work with my third-party keyboard.

OP
Z
Reaction score
well it showed up in the list yesterday like it has many times anyways i installed it, like i have a few times already. i just did a software update 5 minutes ago and guess what? it shows up in the list once again. I tried hitting delete after highlighting it and that worked so i won't see it again. I may have installed a few demo's of programs but i always go through the library files and delete the ones that are left behind after uninstalling.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Out of sight, out of mind...

Glad that works for you. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.