Notes Syncing Between Macbook Pro & Iphone 3g

Reaction score
I use the Mail app on my macbook. When I sync my iPhone through iTunes, old notes that I have deleted from the iPhone, reappear.

How to I stop them from appearing on the iphone when I sync?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Hello and welcome to Mac-Forums ,

You can resolve your issue 2 ways . Either uncheck the box in iTunes labeled "sync notes" or delete said notes from the reminder tab/ notes in the mail app .

Hope this helps
Clay

OP
Reaction score
These particular notes aren't actually in the mail app.

Any other ideas. I would still like to be able to sync the notes with the iphone, so unticking the sync notes box in iTunes isn't an option for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok lets try again , these notes that keep appearing ,where do they reappear ? Do they show up on your phone or on your Mac ? And where are they on the device., what OS version on each , a screen shot of the notes maybe ?

Clay

OP
Reaction score
The notes are not in the mail app, but when i sync the iphone, they appear on the iphone even though they were deleted from the iphone a number of times. These particular notes where also created on the iphone.

I am using OS10.6.2.

I hope this makes sense now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This may be a dumb question ....but are these voice notes from the voice memo app ?

I am reaching hear because I have never seen or heard of notes just reappearing after being deleted unless they were re-synced or restored from a back-up so bare with me...

written notes from the iPhone are in the Mail app under a tap on the left side called reminders / notes.

voice memos are on your Mac in iTunes in your music and look just like a song but they wont have any cover art.

If this doesn't answer your question and solve this issue the only thing I can suggest is to sync your phone and get a fresh back-up ( just in case ) then restore the device " as a new phone " which will return it to a new state then you can sync all your content back to it .

Hope this helps
Clay

OP
Reaction score
I haven't used voice notes so no there aren't any in the list.

I had to reset the phone and setup from scratch a little while ago as the WiFi settings wouldn't retain. I was hoping it would fix notes problem also.

Thanks for your assistance, Clay. I will probably have to enlist help from Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry I couldn't have been more help. Good luck and let us know how it goes

Clay

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.