• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Mmmm 6 core xeons :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Gulftown will go into the single-socket Mac Pro, and two six-core 5600 parts will go into the two-socket towers, brining the core count up to 12 in Apple's highest-end machine.

12 core Apples. :). Mind you I'd hate to be the one at Apple responsible to make these 12 core machines still have the 5.0 star energy rating. Ie. the man who has to make these mammoths use less juice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook : 2.26ghz,2gb ram and love it
Newegg has been selling Intel and AMD hexacore cpu's for over a month or so now. Super expensive though. The xeon is like $2,499

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24-inch 3.06GHz
Hmm, maybe in a few years when it is time for me to upgrade these will be commonplace.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
And by that time you'll see intel making 8 and 10 core xeons. And then you'll say

"Hmm, maybe in a few years when it is time for me to upgrade these will be commonplace. " :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
looks like I need to sell my car, bed, and guitars so I can buy one :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" i7
anyone have an idea of the release date for the new mac pro . " holding my breath":p

OP
DarkestRitual
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
No clue... hopefully soonish. It's been a while, though the Xeons they're using now aren't bad chips.

There's no way I can justify myself getting a Mac Pro at this point in my life. Heck, all I'll need in a couple of years will probably be an iMac. Though, I'll probably have both at some point. :) I am always a sucker for a shiny new toy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.