Macbook Display Issue (not a normal problem)

Reaction score
At least I hope not.

I have a macbook, about 3 1/2 years old and when I start up my computer, everything appears normal but after it fully loads, the screen stretches out to where the text is enormous. I have tried going and changing the display options and whatever I choose, it always just goes back to the same huge screen. I have been playing with it for a couple days and I can't figure out what is going on.

I have recently purchased a new macbook pro and I am in the process of transferring all of my files but because of the screen, I can't use the computer properly.

Does anyone have a clue what might be wrong or have any ideas for trying to fix it?

Thank you so much

Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Welcome to Mac Forums
Go to system preferences>universal access, and check that the zoom is switched off.
You can also click command - or command + to zoom in or out!

OP
C
Reaction score
Macbook Display Issue Update

A week or so ago, I posted a question about my display issue on my Macbook and it still hasn't been resolved. But here is a new thing. When I moved my Macbook system over to my new Macbook Pro and I open up that "computer" it has the same issue. My Pro display is fine but I still can't figure out why the screen is so huge. When I go back to change display features, it still ends up being the same way. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
First i think we need more info - how did you;
I moved my Macbook system over to my new Macbook Pro
What OS on the MB and what OS on the MBP.
What do you mean the screen is so huge

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Note: Merged duplicate threads.

You're going to have to help us help you. We can't see your screen. We don't know what you have tried changing.

What screen size is the new MBP?

What display "features" did you try changing?

Posting a screen shot could also help.

Your lack of response to the first thread to let someone know you're still here, you tried the suggestion given, didn't try it, it didn't work... folks can only assume you disappeared or it worked.

OP
C
Reaction score
thank you guys so much

I'm sorry for not being on top of my own question. For some reason, I thought I would be alerted by emails when people responded.

It was the Universal Access zoom, that solved everything.

I knew it wasn't a hardware issue because when I transferred all of my old files over to my new macbook it organized it like it was like my old computer was on my new one. When I log in, the desktop etc... is exactly the same but the screen was huge.

Thanks again

I really appreciate all of your help

Chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.