Strange Behavior

Reaction score
I have a powerbook g4 aluminum. 1.25ghz, 2 gigs of ram.. Running 10.5.8

I have been trying to figure out what could be wrong with the power.. Ive searched forums to no prevail.. I hope someone here can help....

My powerbook will not start while plugged in and the battery out. I have to put the battery in..But when its started up, I can remove the battery, and it stays on..But yet again, when I put it to sleep without the battery, It will not wake from Sleep.. So I have to put the battery back in to wake it??? Any ideas..

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Try resetting the System Management Controller (SMC). See the following Apple KB article: LINK

If that doesn't work, you may be having problems with the DC input power board and its logic. Replacing the board may solve the problem.

Take a look on PowerBook Medic.com for parts and prices.

Regards.

OP
W
Reaction score
My bad! My powerbook is not an intel! The link was for intel only. Thank you anyways.. And I further investigated my AC adaptor.. It's not even apple! Its from Deer Computer Co..

Ac Adaptor model: AD6024a
input: 100-240v ~ 1.5A 47-63Hz
Output: 20.0-25.5v --- 2.6-2.05a

So I ordered an Apple Ac adaptor a few minutes ago... So I will let you know if thats what did it.. I also check into the logic board and parts just in case...

Thank you very much, and I shall let you know what I find out.. But I know for sure that the Ac Adaptor plugged in is not Apple.....

OP
W
Reaction score
Well I received my ac adaptor from ifixit!!! And it works like a champ! My computer boots and wakes from sleep with just the adaptor...... I guess the other adaptor didnt have enough juice to power it on but enough to keep it on.... But thank you again for helping out!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.