iMAC 27; After week 9; Are they well reported now?

Reaction score
The iMAC 27" has lately been reported as "fixed" according to newly posted articles on the internet;

I just returned a i7 with the faults; red bottom screen + yellow middle bottom + blue/purple upper screen. 3 colour-faults in one single screen..

This was a replacement screen. The original screen were just clearly yellow. The replaced one was lighter, but had the more variations in colors..

This was a week 7 build..

It was sendt back to the store. I can't accept it like this, at this cost.

So.. over to the big question;

After the ..let's say week 9; Are there still reported screens with this issue? Or are they FINALLY fixed for now?

Please vote by reply...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2.66GHz i5, 1TB HDD, 12GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3, iPod Classic 160GB,iPad 1 64GB Wi-fi, iPhone 4S
I bought my 27" iMac on Feb. 12 and have had no screen issues.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Got my 27" i7 iMac on March 13th, no problems thus far..

Regards

Reaction score
i got mine dec 31st, and it's yellow on the bottom. i too am waiting for confirmation as i had a conversation with a guy at apple yesterday that left me less than excited.

he told me that they can offer me a free replacement OR, they will replace the actual screen for free. BUT, after one of those, i was SOL. he told me that by nature, all LCD screens have coloring issues, which i know is not true. so before i was somehow mysteriously disconnected, he said i get 1 chance to get a new one. if in fact it turned out to be worse than what i currently have, there was nothing i could do about it... i somehow don't believe this at all, considering i've read numerous accounts where people have traded 2 and 3 different machines to get the correct one.

my theory after getting disconnected from him was that i now have a case number on record, reporting the issue. and it is within three months of purchase. so my plan was to hold off until i knew they were 100% fixed and then have it replaced.

but paying $1800 for this thing, and having a yellowed screen doesn't quite sit well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac i5 2.9 Ghz, 15" MBPro i7 2.0 Ghz, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, ATV2, ATV3, iPad2, iPad Mini
Yellow Tinting on Screens are Fixed!

Its now official the Yellow Tinting on the new Apple LCD Screens is fixed.
The word has come from the top - Mr. Steve Jobs himself.
(see attached link).

http://9to5mac.com/node/15054

DavidH

Reaction score
I too got my 27" i5 on February 12 and I can't keep my hands off of it. Looks and runs great no problems. For My first Mac i am glad I mad the switch to this one.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The latest issue of MacWorld Magazine has a one page article concerning the problems with the screens of the iMac 27" model. Keep in mind that the lead time on articles for a magazine hitting the shelves in March is probably sometime in January. Whether or not the screen issues have all been resolved should be apparent as folks check in with their posts in this forum.

Regards.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Reaction score
so maybe i should give it a little more time so that i know for sure. that or open up the new one in the store to make sure its ok?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
If you do a custom build online, you should get a good version. Buying something today from a physical store might be older stock.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
"It's behind us" ??? That's an answer ? Steve really is a pompous JERK if that's truly from his mouth. There's only one remark from those comments that makes sense to me. It's the one which says that the only reason it is behind them, is because they no longer care and are too concerned with the release of the iPad. So take the yellow fringe and light bleed or don't buy one is what they're saying.

"We have your money. We have your souls. We'll fix the LCD issues next year... .when the new iMac's are out" That's how it reads to my ears. Shame really, because I was really itching to get a new iMac. Oh well, not this year.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I agree with you Doug. "It's behind us" does not mean it's fixed. It could mean as you said we are putting this behind us and moving on. ie. sweeping the issue under the carpet. But I think this attitude would be harmful for Apple. And Jobs to me is a straightfoward no nonsence man. And if it was fixed, he'd tell the world outright, and not just in a cryptic message.

So "it's either buy an imac and live with or don't buy it" or Steve never said such a thing and they are still working on a fix. And I'm most inclined to believe the latter. That this is all Mac hype from rumour somebody invented. And that the real fix to this issue will come soon hopefully.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Why are you reading into what Steve Jobs said? (Note that he said it from his iPhone) "It's behind us" means to me that it's fixed. If I can't believe the CEO of Apple, I might as well stop buying Apple products and go back to a PC. :Angry-Tongue:

As I said above, the proof that it's been fixed will be reports from new buyers and users.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
"It's behind us" ??? That's an answer ? Steve really is a pompous JERK if that's truly from his mouth. There's only one remark from those comments that makes sense to me. It's the one which says that the only reason it is behind them, is because they no longer care and are too concerned with the release of the iPad. So take the yellow fringe and light bleed or don't buy one is what they're saying.

"We have your money. We have your souls. We'll fix the LCD issues next year... .when the new iMac's are out" That's how it reads to my ears. Shame really, because I was really itching to get a new iMac. Oh well, not this year.

Doug

LOL.....yes, cause you know for a fact that he meant that from his 3 word reply.

Some of you act as if Steve owes you personally. Get over it, it's a consumer product, not a kidney.

OP
K
Reaction score
Please go back to ONTOPIC again!!!

Please vote by reply; Are Your iMac 27 since week 9 ok according to the screenproblems??

Reaction score
Please go back to ONTOPIC again!!!

Please vote by reply; Are Your iMac 27 since week 9 ok according to the screenproblems??

Is there a way to check when the imac was built. I just bought one, but I am wondering if I have an old stock.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.