Reason 4 + MPD24 + Macbook Pro = No Sound?

Reaction score
Hello everybody...

I'm using Reason 4 on a macbook pro 13 inch. My keyboard works just fine but my MPD doesn't.

If I go to preferences, add midi control surface, click find and press a button on the MPD, Reason immediatly detects Akai MPD24.

However...if I press the pads I get no sound. The MPD works fine with Logic and other programs.

Hmm this is weird...as I'm typing this the third 0 at the bottom right of the display is flickering. Maybe there actually is something wrong with the mpd? Or what do I do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.25Ghz G4 1gb RAM, Mac Pro G5 Dual 1.8GHz 4GB RAM, MacBook Air 1.6 GHz Core2 Duo 2GB RAM
I don't know anything about reason, but sometimes the order you turn stuff on makes a difference. My MPD 32 has to be on before I launch Ableton, for some weird reason.

Also, the pads are specific to an octave and some instruments only work in a certain octave range.... I'm clutching at straws here

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Try re-adding the device. Also, updated drives may help (if they aren't already updated).

My Axiom 49 works perfectly with Reason, just have to figure out how to assign certain things to different buttons/sliders.

This MIDI stuff has opened a new can of worms in my musical career. It's like learning another language.

OP
B
Reaction score
I always turn the MPD on before opening Reason. I also tried all octave banks (a, b, c, d). I re added it like 100 times, but still nothing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.25Ghz G4 1gb RAM, Mac Pro G5 Dual 1.8GHz 4GB RAM, MacBook Air 1.6 GHz Core2 Duo 2GB RAM
weird. Copy the reason preferences folder to a safe place, then delete the original preference folder.....? Could be some corrupted preference.

do any other MIDI controllers work?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.