iphone now or after WWDC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
The question is, can you wait till July?

OP
M
Reaction score
Kash,

I guess im looking for everyones gut feeling about the significance of the updates that may be announced in June. i know nothing is for sure, but what is everyones gut feeling on this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well there are two scenarios. One, it'll be an incremental update akin to the 3GS update. Or two, it'll be something really awesome as Apple will be responding to all the new Android and Microsoft offerings that are just over the horizon.

I'm personally hoping for scenario #2. If Apple delivers scenario #1, then I'm jumping ship to Android.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Well there are two scenarios. One, it'll be an incremental update akin to the 3GS update. Or two, it'll be something really awesome as Apple will be responding to all the new Android and Microsoft offerings that are just over the horizon.

I'm personally hoping for scenario #2. If Apple delivers scenario #1, then I'm jumping ship to Android.

I can't see Apple doing a major overhaul to the iPhone. I think it's probably going to be scenario #1, It's possible we could see multiple carriers which would help boost sales.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Has it been 5 yrs since the iPhone came out? I'm guessing you won't see additional carriers (in the U.S anyways) until 5 years have passed since the first iPhone was released. I'm just guessing here, but I wouldn't be surprised if Apple was locked into a 5 yr deal with AT&T. I could be wrong. I hope I am. I would love to see the iPhone open up to at least Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone came out summer 2007, which means assuming the five year deal is true, that AT&T will retain exclusivity through summer 2012.

Reaction score
Did I not read somewhere that the Iphone will be coming to Verizon in June? and what is WWDC? any links or explanation to what this is..never heard of it before.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Did I not read somewhere that the Iphone will be coming to Verizon in June? and what is WWDC? any links or explanation to what this is..never heard of it before.

Google is your friend. Try it sometime.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The Nexus One was just made available for AT&T. I am so tempted to buy it, but the price tag and wanting to know what Apple has coming is keeping me from pulling the trigger.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.