Can't make bootcamp partition.

Reaction score
I was trying to expand my bootcamp partition by another 10Gb since I used 25Gb pretty quick. I followed this guide...

(How to Expand your Bootcamp Partition | ScorpioTek's Blog)

After the step where I go back into bootcamp and make a new partition for the winclone, it stated that
"The Disk cannot be partitioned because some files cannot be moved."

screenshot20100316at225.png

I used iDefrag with online mode only (others won't work for some reason), and deleted about 10gbs of files from my main mac partition but can't seem to force bootcamp to partition, any help?
I scoured the internet for hours, can't find a solution besides formatting, but I have no external drive and can't afford one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I'm guessing you missed this part of that link:
"Needless to say, if you mess up somewhere along the lines VERY bad things can happen, partitioning drives is something not to be taken up lightly. Unless you don’t care about your data, I would really advise against the aforementioned procedure unless you have a reliable backup of your data."

Unfortunately, you are just going to have to start from scratch.... and in the future, without an external drive, winclone and CCC or Superduper, don't go messing with things!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.