iBook socks

Reaction score
lol i thought you did a miss type in the title. I thought the thread was suppose to say "ibook sucks" but its really a sock :) anyways that socks are really cool ! my wife will have to make me one of those some how :p

OP
M

mattberry

yeah that's the only place i've seen them. They come from hong kong. I am still looking for any socks out there. I see them for ipods but not for notebooks.

OP
M

mattberry

Well I just went ahead and bought one from the ebay auction. I'll let you know how it goes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
ill make my girlfriend knit some of those suckers up :)

i like them but i think that they would have the ability to pick up stuff that can scratch and would, in essence, scratch your 'book while putting it in

-chris

OP
M

mattberry

I thought about that we will see. I think any sleeve could do that. Neoprene would probably be the least likely. But who knows I guess we'll see.

OP
T

Tel

I still want one, theres a compartment in my bag that my 12" iBook fits perfectly in but theres a bloody zip in there that will easily scratch up my 'book, those socks are exactly what I want to protect it.

OP
M

mattberry

ibook socks

Well i bought mine from ebay. and they turned out fine. They look cool but it just comes to the rim of the laptop so it leaves one side exposed. it's not really that big of a deal but kind of annoying. It's kind of tough to carry around because the sock slides around. overall it is a good sleeve to put it in and then put it in a bag.

MattBerry

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
wont the wool trap in the heat thus making it really friggin hot

Reaction score
Hrm, I'm not sure if I'll need one of those for the bag I'm looking at or not. I hate searching around so I just decided to go with the Fusion 12 from apples site (getting it 3rd party though)

Does anyone have one of these bags and have any problems?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
iLEFTOVERCRACK said:
wont the wool trap in the heat thus making it really friggin hot
Most likely if you left the iBook powered on.

OP
T

Tel

Do you think you'd get heat issues with an iBook on standby? One of those socks would be perfect for my bag.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
once it goes to sleep and the fans turn off heat should not be an issue...to restate, i would not put my 'book in a sock or anything else for that matter without waiting for the fan to turn off.
-chris

OP
T

Tel

I guess as long as you're aware of the fact that it could overheat, you'll take more care to prevent it. I may well get one, I doubt overheating will be an issue for me anyway with English weather!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.