Just upgraded from 3g iphone to 3GS

Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know that i just upgraded from 3G to 3GS.. and it is awesome...i couldn't resist any longer for the new 4 gen that was suppose to come out. I am pretty happy about my purchase. You guys feel the same?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Moved the thread to the iPhone area.

C

chas_m

I would think a genuine "4G" iphone is about 18 months to two years away, if not longer.

Reaction score
I would think a genuine "4G" iphone is about 18 months to two years away, if not longer.

i hope so. my 2 years on my 3gs is up july 8, 2011. i got it the day it was released. i feel like i'm already itching to upgrade it though. i knew this would happen when i switched from my LG rumor to this phone. i knew that i would never be satisfied again. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
In a classic case of the hotdogs come in packs of 10 and the buns in packs of 8, the 2nd Gen iPhone was the 3G. The 3rd Gen iPhone was the 3Gs. The 4th Gen iphone will still be 3G, and the 5th Gen iPhone will probably be 4G.

C

chas_m

I should clarify what I meant.

"4G" has two meanings: the fourth "generation" of Apple's hardware, and its also the name of the "next generation" of cellular data and voice communication networking.

These two things are not actually related.

So yeah, we might get a "4th gen" iPhone as early as this summer, but I would expect it to be basically the same as the 3GS, just a little more/better.

I was referring in my previous post to an iPhone that was able to use "4G" cell networks, which are only just now starting to roll out. That is what I think will take a couple of years to appear (figure summer 2011 at the earliest).

Reaction score
I was referring in my previous post to an iPhone that was able to use "4G" cell networks, which are only just now starting to roll out. That is what I think will take a couple of years to appear (figure summer 2011 at the earliest).

by my calculation, that is right about perfect. :D

Reaction score
I just upgraded. Ive owned all three and the 3gs is amazing with how much faster it processes. I wasnt going to get one until I convinced my girlfriend to drop her 2g for the 3gs. I sold my 3g a week later and go a 3gs. :D

Reaction score
i hope so. my 2 years on my 3gs is up july 8, 2011. i got it the day it was released. i feel like i'm already itching to upgrade it though. i knew this would happen when i switched from my LG rumor to this phone. i knew that i would never be satisfied again. :D

AT&T allows you to upgrade your phone after 18 months not 2 years. Phone upgrades and contracts are separate times. I bought my 1st iPhone 1/1/08 and was able to buy the 3GS on release day.

Reaction score
the biggest difference in the 3GS over the 3G (i just upgraded about 6 weeks ago) is that the 3GS seems to find contacts faster in apps, like MMS. On the 3G, sending a text and typing the name it took somewhat long to find the contact. The 3GS finds it fast. A seemingly minor thing (especially since I don't text much), but an annoyance when you've got this kind of technology in your hand.

Voice dialing still sux, especially through a bluetooth headset (jawbone). Amazed that this is still an issue in the face of national pressure to reduce use of phones in cars.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.