Best p2p network applications?

Reaction score
I've used Limewire for years and never had many complaints. I know people generally fear it due to viruses but they're usually written for non mac operating systems (Right?). .

Anyway. . A couple months back it stopped working so well for me. Downloads with even five sources will slump to 5kbs or worse, results are a lot less, and it just isn't working that well. I even deleted it and redownloaded it but nothing. .

So, does anyone have any suggestions for a better p2p app for macs? Thanks!

C

chas_m

I've used Limewire for years and never had many complaints. I know people generally fear it due to viruses but they're usually written for non mac operating systems (Right?)

Right.

So, does anyone have any suggestions for a better p2p app for macs? Thanks!

Not me I'm afraid. Working as a tech, I noticed a causal relationship between Limewire and directory problems, which I assumed had to do with:

a. Limewire is built with Java, which I'm not a fan of for a variety of reasons.
b. Like other P2P programs, it spews temp files all over the place that don't always get properly resolved.

When we would fix this problem (using Disk Warrior), we'd advise the customer to avoid Limewire. Those that did reported no further problems in that regard.

It's just anecdotal, YMMV and all that, but I suggest dumping Limewire.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.