Where is the boot camp control panel?

Reaction score
Hello. This is the simplest of all questions: where is this mythical "boot camp control panel" that I keep reading about on the net? It is supposed to do such useful things as allowing me to make OSX my default operating system, and making right clicks possible. But I can't find the darn thing. It is supposed to be in the task bar, to my understanding, but it is not, and according to the searh bar function, it doesn't even exist!

On the side, if it doesn't fix the right click problem, are there any suggestions? Also, is there anyway to get multitouch functions working, such as scrolling? I don't know if I can return to the days before two finger scrolling.

Thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS
All "control panels" are in System Preferences. It's a silver rectangle with gears in it. If it's not on the Dock, it's in the Applications folder :)

Reaction score
In Windows, down in the Taskbar on the right hand side is a rectangular gray icon. Click that icon and a little menu will pop up. In that menu is an option that reads "Boot Camp Control Panel..." Click that option and from there you can change the options.

OP
T
Reaction score
The control panel was the first place I looked, and could not find it.

I clicked on the lil' grey rectangle, and it was not there.

Where is it supposed to be exactly in the control pane? I'm worried it might be a proper glitch.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Make sure you've chosen to show all hidden icons in the "System Notification" taskbar. The Boot Camp icon will look like a small gray-black diamond.

You should also have an entry in the Control Panel menu. But again, it depends on how you're displaying your Control Panel. Make sure you have it set to display as a "menu" rather than the default. Boot Camp will not show up in the default Control Panel display.

The above should work more or less the same for XP, Vista, and Win 7.

Regards.

Reaction score
Boot camp control panel

Boot camp control panel - It's doesn't appear in windows 7
I need this panel to colleborate the infrared receiver:
"In Windows, open the Boot Camp control panel and click the Remote tab." :Angry:
May be somebody know commandline comand to enable IR port? My remote controll doen't working

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.