New Lease of Life

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm planning on refreshing my macbook, going to put all my music and important files onto an external hard drive and then use disk utility to wipe all the stuff i don't need, then install snow leopard (still on original leopard) and hope that I have some free memory afterwards! (hard drive is full, hence the need to do this)

My only slight problem is that I have iWork on my mac that is loaded from a university copy so I don't have the disk to reinstall it on the macbook, if I drag the application folder itself to the hard drive, will it work when dragged back ?

Also, I'm assuming that my iphone and Ipod will still sync because it's essentially the same mac but just with files wiped.

Cheers for the help in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS
Do you mean that the university provides students with iWork? If so, just get it again, and make sure to get a physical copy of it this time.

If this isn't the case, perhaps you should go and buy a legal copy ;)

OP
A
Reaction score
has tones

I wrote for the Uni paper last year and they needed it all submitted in pages, so I handed my mac over and Pages got put on there, because I'm not doing as much writing, they probably wouldn't let me do it again.

It's not so much that I'm not wanting to go out and buy a copy, but if I have it already, I may as well try and keep it. Apple charged me £120 to fix my hard drive, £125 and to replace my iPhone, so I'm sure they will take it on the chin if I don't buy a brand new copy of iWork!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.