mediaplex redirect (virus?)

Reaction score
I'm using a unibody MBP, running the latest snow leopard and it's been all great until earlier tonight..

I use firefox and I tried to get on facebook, but I was redirected to some Mediaplex site.. I tried using safari and the same thing happened. I also tried clearing my cache and history and restarting and that didn't work. I did a little google-ing and found that on pc's it's some sort of trojan or spyware, but couldn't find anyway to get rid of it on macs.. I downloaded something called the DNSchanger remover tool, that was suggested by someone else, but it didn't find anything.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? Better yet, any solutions? Much appreciated! Thanks!

Ryan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Welcome to Mac Forums

With Safari, open Safari, go to Safari in menu bar and select reset Safari making sure that remove all cookies is checked.

With Firefox, go to Tools, clear history also making sure that cookies is checked.
Post back with results.

OP
M
Reaction score
thanks for the quick reply.. I tried these, and it didn't work :/ I also referred to the other thread and those suggestions didn't work either..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I've tried researching a fix, and other than a clean install, all I have found is software that I don't know enough about, or trust, so therefor could not recommend with confidence.
Hopefully one of the Mac Gurus on Mac Forums comes along with some suggestions shortly!

Reaction score
Solved!

I don`t speak english very well, sorry, but my problem was solved with the 6string`s words.

i did this: With Safari, open Safari, go to Safari in menu bar and select reset Safari making sure that remove all cookies is checked. With Firefox, go to Tools, clear history also making sure that cookies is checked.

By...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.