installing new hd im mb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 mbp 8gb ram 500gb hybrid ssd.
was wandering if i would have any issues installing an ntfs formatted hd in my mb. i understand i'll need to reformat but was worried the system wouldn't recognize the hd at all. any advise would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Welcome to Mac Forums.
You'll just need to boot from your install disc (holding down C once you hear the chime), select language, and then go to utilities>disk utilities in the menu bar and format it and you're set.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not a problem if the drive is SATA and 2.5". Just make sure to erase and format the drive prior to installing it in your MacBook. You can use an external carrier or an adapter to erase and format before installing.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Not a problem if the drive is SATA and 2.5". Just make sure to erase and format the drive prior to installing it in your MacBook. You can use an external carrier or an adapter to erase and format before installing.

Regards.

Will my suggestion not work (assuming it is a 2.5" SATA HD)? Will it not show up in disk utilities?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.