Hooking up a PS2 to a MacBook Pro

Reaction score
Hey, I'm not sure if this is the proper place for this topic, but I wasn't sure where else to put it.

Currently in college (ie, without any space to put or money to buy TV), I was wondering if there was any possible way to hook up my Playstation 2 to play on my laptop (MacBook Pro, using OS X version 10.5.8). I'm not looking for anyway to rip videos from the system or anything - I just need to use the laptop's screen in lieu of a TV's, and hopefully using the cheapest means possible.

If it's not at all possible, feel free to say it bluntly - I'm just looking to see if it is possible. Thanks in advance for the help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Unfortunately you can't unless you want to open it up and do some cable rerouting.

Reaction score
well I have no experience with TV cards and Mac's (only used them in Windows and Linux) but I would assume with the correct TV card this is possible? maybe something worth trying with google.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
you could *try* it with a USB video capture device (there are several available for the Mac) BUT, you'd have to find one that displays real time or very close to real time to be of any use - most of these devices are going to have a little lag (ie: more then you can compensate for enjoyably in games) because of what's involved in converting and displaying the signal. I'm not saying you can't find one that will be a fast enough process to be able to play the game, but I think it may be a challenge to find one at a reasonable cost where it's cheaper then buying a small TV.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.