• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

My little sister is coming to college in my town! Yay!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
So, I'm the big brother of 3 younger sisters. When I was 16, so when the youngest, Meg, was 8, the middle one, Beth, was 10, and Erinn was 14, our parents split up. This led to my mom moving back to New Hampshire 3 years later, and taking my sisters with her in the move. Ever since then, I rarely get to see them and we mostly communicate online.

It was time for Beth to apply to college last fall, so we're finding out this Spring where she got in. Her first choice was Ithaca College in my lovely town of Ithaca, NY. We found out earlier this week that she got in, and I'm so excited since I haven't lived in the same state as my sister for almost 5 years. I'm super excited to be able to get to know the real her, away from the influence of parents and stuff. We never used to get along, because we were too much alike, but since the family moved away, we've been getting along a lot better, and we're both super pumped for the fall. :)

With the move, the family out there tried to steer my sisters away from my dad's influence in some political game, so they tried to encourage a switch to a Windows environment. Now they live in a mixed household, as my dad provided them with a Mini (which the youngest 2 like better, but Beth likes the most) (core 2 duo 1.83GHz, 1GB DDR2, 120GB HD). So Beth really wants a MacBook to bring to college with her. I have recruited the youngest sister to start pressuring the family in that direction, since I will be her IT down here, and instructed them both to have them give me money towards the machine and I'll cover the rest if need be. :) Another option, I told her is if we need to, I'll upgrade and she can have this guy.

Anyway, super excited. Had to share. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Congrats for your sis and for you!

I can't really say much in regards to that, as I'm not close with my family, but I'm glad there are still people like you guys who still are.

OP
DarkestRitual
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
We're not really all that close. We'd probably have grown farther apart by now if we hadn't been separated so young, but I'm really glad that I get to be with my sister and help her through her first year of school at least. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.