New to Forum, Macbook Pro doesn't boot up after safari update

Reaction score
My Macbook Pro won't boot up. I was installing some software for my lexmark printer and I also updated safari (I had noticed that I had an update available so I decided to go ahead and update). After that I went to reboot my machine and the white light near the front of the machine comes but the screen remains black. I've tried resetting the PMU by unplugging the power cord/battery and holding my power button and then putting everything back in and then turning it on. The only thing this accomplishes is now it will make the standard startup noise but the screen will remain black. I have a desktop where the graphics card crapped out which makes my display go black from time to time, does this have anything to do with it? Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
Me Too

I experienced the same problem today. I am a fairly recent return to the MAC world (My first computer was a MAC back in 1992).

I booted up my macbook with the OS DVD and proceeded to re-install the OS. Everything is still in tact after getting the OS restored, but it was a pain. I was wondering if I had encountered a virus, but after the re-install I am completely back in business.

OP
J
Reaction score
I experienced the same problem today. I am a fairly recent return to the MAC world (My first computer was a MAC back in 1992).

I booted up my macbook with the OS DVD and proceeded to re-install the OS. Everything is still in tact after getting the OS restored, but it was a pain. I was wondering if I had encountered a virus, but after the re-install I am completely back in business.

I tried it, still nothing, screen remains black

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.