can you rip a mac game to a macbook (pro)

Reaction score
hi,
I want to rip call of duty 4 to my my macbook pro. (meaning i want to save the cd to the hard drive.) this way i dont need to worry about the disc. im new to macs and learning about the every day.
any answers?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
give toast a try, I've never used it but from what I've heard it is the best at what it does.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Toast is a good program and it's good for this and other things but there's a free option already on your hard drive. Follow the Leopard directions on this page. There may have been some minor changes for Snow Leopard but i think you'll get the idea. The directions are also in Disk Utility's help files. How To Make Copies of DVDs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Running Snow Leopard out of the box
Hi, I asked a question related to this on another thread, but nobody saw it I guess.

I was wondering if it's actually legal to copy a game like Call of Duty 4 even if you own it. Just for your own purposes though, not for copying it and giving it to others.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Yes. With Disk Utility.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS
You're making an image of the disc and not sharing it. As long as you don't have to fight some ill-conceived DRM to read the disc, it's not against the DMCA.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Unless of course the disc manufacturer has installed blockers to prevent copying the disc. This is the normal practice to prevent folk making copies and distributing them, and I am NOT suggesting you are doing that at all, vinnie.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Running Snow Leopard out of the box
what's an ill-concieved DRM exactly? It sounds familiar... Does the game Spore have one? I know you can already play Spore without the disc, but unfortunately the Galactic Adventures add-on requires a disc and I was considering making a disk image of that. I just want to stay legal. I want to respect what the creators of the game want.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.