Reinstalling Snow Leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 4GB 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM - 2x2GB/320GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm/Mac OS Leopard 10.6.2
Hi. So I had used this stupid application called themepark and when I couldn't reset it back to my original aqua I just uninstalled the whole thing. Guess what?? It din't work!! So now I am stuck with stupid radio buttons and weird scroll bars. I tried going through the tutorial for the application but it wasn't very helpful. Do you think reinstalling my OS would help? I have the snow leopard installation cd with me. And what will happen when I install my OS? I have backed up all my data with time machine, so that is not an issue. Will I lose anything important or will it be just my current settings that will get resetted?

Please help me out with this!!!

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 4GB 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM - 2x2GB/320GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm/Mac OS Leopard 10.6.2
Help anyone???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G4 MDD 1.5 GHZ (OC) 1.25 GB Ubuntu and Leopard INTEL SUCK IT!!
When you reinstall, you want to boot w/ option+C and follow a CLEAN install. If all your data is backed up, you will have to redo all your current settings, but you can copy all of your files back to the new installation and you won't have to worry again.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well how do I do that? For that matter, how do I uninstall my OS in the first place??

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Why would reinstalling the OS be part of the equation in the first place? Have you looked at any of the support information for your application? It's rare that a UNIX-based OS needs to be reinstalled. At worst, you might have to create a new user account and reinstall the app. Most apps do not modify the OS.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well this theme park app has changed the way my mac looks. My buttons are not permanently graphite and the problem is I am not able to change them back. When I searched in forums for this problem I saw that many others had this problem too. Fortunately for them they had taken back ups of their data, but I don't :(

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Create a new user account and log in with it. See if the theme elements persist.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah they do. Even in the other account the buttons look the same.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Interesting. Then it definitely does permanently modify the OS.

In that case, you're going to want to pop in your Snow Leopard disc, it should allow you to run the install on top of the existing OS. If you can't see the options because of the theme changes, you may need to boot from the disc and do a clean install. Of course, this will essentially remove all of your data/documents/settings, so if you can, make sure you run a backup before you start.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah I have already made a complete backup of all my files. Can you tell me how I should do the 'boot from the disc' and a clean install?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Pop in the disc, restart holding down the the C when you hear the chime.
Select language, then go to menu bar>utilities>disk utilities, and select erase macintosh HD formatted as mac os extended journaled.
Once erased, quit utilities and proceed with installation.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I noticed something just now. My Snow Leopard DVD is an upgrade DVD. Does that mean that I will not be able to install my OS with that? Should I first install Leopard and then upgrade with this DVD?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Out of curiosity, is it grey, or is it the disc with a picture of the snow leopard?
Actually, looking at your specs, I'm confused as to what your Mac is, so please post back with that info!

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
my installation dvd tat came wit my mac is da grey one.. When snow leopard came i got an upgrade dvd from apple.. Its got da pic of a leopard on it n it says upgrade dvd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok... well that should be fine then, as it is still a retail version, even though it's supplied for an upgrade.
Please put the machine, Macbook or Macbook Pro, etc. in your specs under your details.
Your specs layout is quite confusing, as is your vocabulary in your response! :p

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi sorry. I had replied from my mobile, and so the sms language :D. And yeah, its a Macbook :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Even though it says upgrade on the disc, I still believe that it is a retail disc, but could be wrong, in which case you may want to install leopard first.
Also ilife and the iwork trial version reside on the leopard install discs.
So if you are able to install straight off the snow leopard disc, then you may want to do an optional install of the leopard disc 1 and install ilife and the iWork trial package.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok I just finished installing Snow leopard. Everything is back to normal :D Thank you very much for your help :) :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pleasure..... just be sure to pass on the help to someone when you can :)

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I sure will. Thanks again :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.