Off-disc hosting of "Windows on Mac" drivers?

Reaction score
I want to get Windows 7 up and running on my 15" MBP (previous-gen, 120GB HDD, 2GHz processor, 2GB RAM) with Boot Camp, but I don't have the Leopard (10.5) installation disc lying around. Is there anywhere on the Internet where I can get the drivers that will allow my laptop to interface with Windows correctly?

Thanks,
AS

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BlackBook 2 GHz 2GB RAM 120GB HDD
Have a look at Apple's support page for bootcamp, that has some downloadable components: Apple Support for Bootcamp

Or check out this forum, where a man claims to have posted some drivers for download:
External Forum Link

Hope one of these URLs is helpful!

Let us know.

Zep

OP
S
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the guy who hosted the drivers that I do need used Rapidshare, and that's a bigger file than free users are permitted to download. Apple also only hosts updates to those drivers, not the drivers themselves. Unless somebody wants to re-host them, it seems I'm out of luck.

C

chas_m

The reason for this is that in order to use Windows 7 with Boot Camp (at least in a supported manner), you must updated to Snow Leopard. Snow Leopard's disc has initial support, and then the updates to those drivers you already found will bring full support.

OP
S
Reaction score
Yep. It's a method of piracy control, I suppose. Still, I got my laptop from eBay, and it didn't come with the Leopard install discs. Thanks for the help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.