New Unibody MacBook shuts down unexpectedly when magsafe is touched or removed

Reaction score
Hi, I got my macbook during November of 2009 but two weeks ago it started shutting down by itself once I touch the magsafe of the macbook or remove the magsafe. So basically I cannot even move the Macbook while it is plugged in because needs is a simple touch and it shuts down. When it does shut down, the light indicator doesn't come on anymore. I have to keep removing the magsafe, and plugging it back in like 20 times until it starts charging again. So now I just let it fully charge every time I use it since any sudden movement will cause it to shut down. I will be making an appointment next week at the apple store because I had no time to go these past 2 weeks. I never dropped it and take good care of it. I am just wondering what might be the cause of this? I hope they do not take weeks to fix the mac since I have a lot of homework to do... Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
Just take it to a Genius Bar and they'll replace it right away. The cord on mine started fraying from normal use and they replaced it with a new one even though I was out of warranty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Welcome to Mac Forums
They will more than likely just simply swap it over for a new one.
If it were a repair, you'd see it back within a day or 2.
Make sure you back up onto an external HD before you take it in if you are not practicing regular backups as is (which you should be)!
Also look at CCC or Superduper as great (essential) backup solutions.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.