I need a matte screen Macbook Pro! I got a glossy need to get rid of.

Reaction score
I got right now is a 15.4 Inch Unibody MBP with 4 gigs ram and 2.4 GHz and 250 gig HD. I need a Matte screen though. My eyes are very sensitive. Anyone wanna buy it or at least trade me. Or does anyone got any idea on how to install or get a matte screen and install it on a mbp?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
OP
T
Reaction score
Welcome to Mac Forums
You posted in the wrong forum.
You should be in Buy/Sell/Trade forum.
As for your sitch, you can get a film to put on your screen which may also help you!
Reduce Glare on MacBook, iMac and Apple Cinema Displays with ClearCal Anti-Glare Film - RadTech Products

Dude, this is amazing! But it's still not as good as a real matte screen right? I'm starting to do a lot of film editing and I need a matte screen. Do you have any other suggestions? Any other alternatives?

Btw I tried to post in classifieds but it wouldn't let me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
This is the best product I could find which doesn't have the graininess of others....
Not as good, but a great alternative, as well as being a good screen protector.
The Matte screens are more susceptible to smudges, scratches and other damage.
I would still recommend posting in the Buy/Sell/Trade section of Mac Forums.
Otherwise, Ebay is going to be the option for you!
How old is your MBP?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PS for what it will cost, it really couldn't hurt to try it before rushing out and selling your machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
Dude, this is amazing! But it's still not as good as a real matte screen right? I'm starting to do a lot of film editing and I need a matte screen. Do you have any other suggestions? Any other alternatives?
I've read reviews of several matte films and they don't seem to be as good as the real thing. There's definitely different quality levels of matte. I've used many good and bad matte screens in my life time. It will depend on how picky you are. The graininess is a common complaint of those matte films.

Btw I tried to post in classifieds but it wouldn't let me.
I don't believe you can do so unless you have been on this forum long enough. There are several places you can sell off your used computers. Craig's List and eBay are just two. There are pros and cons about using either.

OP
T
Reaction score
This is the best product I could find which doesn't have the graininess of others....
Not as good, but a great alternative, as well as being a good screen protector.
The Matte screens are more susceptible to smudges, scratches and other damage.
I would still recommend posting in the Buy/Sell/Trade section of Mac Forums.
Otherwise, Ebay is going to be the option for you!
How old is your MBP?

bought it last December. Its like brand new.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Then selling it should be really easy, and return you most of your money back, but I would still try out that product before going through the hassle of selling it.

OP
T
Reaction score
Then selling it should be really easy, and return you most of your money back, but I would still try out that product before going through the hassle of selling it.

Why didn't you mention that to me in the first place instead of the other thread?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Because I didn't think of it until an hour later, and I saw you there in the other thread! :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.