Wireless Keyboard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5", 3.06 GHz intel Core 2 duo, ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics with 256MB
I bought my 21.5 in imac a couple of weeks ago. Coming from a PC there are a few things that are bugging me. Why on earth isn't there an actual delete key? what about home and end keys? I'm thinking I might switch to the wired keyboard so that I can have the number pad also, but I only get 4 USB ports. I'm already considering a wired mouse because my magic mouse is starting to get jumpy, and from what i've been able to find it looks lit might be a blue tooth issue. That brings me down to two USB ports only.

I didn't mean to start venting on the USB issues, i'm just kind of bugged with this keyboard.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Delete - Fn + Delete (I assume you're looking for forward deleting).
Home - Command + Left.
End - Command + Right.

Hope that helps you out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.33 GHz 3 GB RAM
Another delete function - Cmd + Delete to send files to the Trash.

Let us know what other keyboard help you need - the different modifier keys can be disorienting at first.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
If you get the aluminum apple keyboard, you can plug a mouse into its' USB port, so technically you're only using one on the iMac. That said - I have recently gotten work to let me have the 1 iMac we had on campus, and I use a USB hub on it because the amount of ports just aren't enough for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
I bought my 21.5 in imac a couple of weeks ago. Coming from a PC there are a few things that are bugging me. Why on earth isn't there an actual delete key? what about home and end keys? I'm thinking I might switch to the wired keyboard so that I can have the number pad also, but I only get 4 USB ports. I'm already considering a wired mouse because my magic mouse is starting to get jumpy, and from what i've been able to find it looks lit might be a blue tooth issue. That brings me down to two USB ports only.

I didn't mean to start venting on the USB issues, i'm just kind of bugged with this keyboard.
It sounds like you want the full sized keyboard with number pad. It has what you want with the delete, home, end key, etc. The compact keyboards exclude several keys because well...it has to be compact. As van said you can get those missing keys by using keyboard shortcuts. Also if you want more USB ports then you should get a USB hub.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Just one more thought about the USB hubs. I suggest getting a hub that is self-powered. Has a separate electrical power cord. Some high-drain devices, such as external hard drives, do not seem to work as reliably when drawing power entirely from the USB bus.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5", 3.06 GHz intel Core 2 duo, ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics with 256MB
Thanks for those keyboard commands. It looks like i've been vetoed by my wife for the wired keyboard. This is going to take some getting used to. Overall I really like the mac, but the quirks are still getting me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 MBP (mid 2009), 2.53GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD. 24" Cinema Display. 32GB iphone 3gs, 32GB iPad
You could also go with the Macally BT Keyboard which is a full sized Bluetooth keyboard. There are also other Bluetooth mice available if you are worried about the USB ports getting used up on your iMac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
If you want a full keyboard, get the wired one. I bought that one for my MBP, and couldn't be happier with it. It has the side #s, and an actual delete key, which OSX doesn't even recognize anyways, only certain applications do see it.

Reaction score
If you want to have the best of both worlds; combining a full-sized keyboard with bluetooth fucnctionality, then I would strongly advise you to have a look on eBay, or similar, to see whether you can source a used wireless "Pro" keyboard, such as this one.

Hope this info helps. :Cool:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.