Unable to connect New MB Pro to Sony HDTV

Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to connect my new MB Pro to Sony KDL 46XBR6 using the Mini Display Port using a Mini-Display Adapter to DVi and then a DVI to HDMI Cable. The screen is blank and when I open up System Preferences-->Displays and click on 'Detect Display' nothing happens. I do not even see the option to Mirror Displays. What am I doing wrong ? My old MB Pro worked perfectly with just a DVI to HDMI Cable.

Thanks in Advance,
David

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 15.4" Santa Rosa (C2D, 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD)
Did you check to make sure that your HDTV was on an available HDMI input? Just for starters...

Cheers!

Reaction score
Sounds similar to my problem. I can get my macbook to even register it is a sony tv, but it won't display anything. After researching on the net a bit, seems like something that just "happens". Oh well

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.53 Ghz 4gb DDR3 unibody, iPhone 3G 16gb, iPod Touch 16gb
i had same problem i gave up...ehhi have a mini-HDMI and after buying two difference TVs it still didnt work and alot of troubleshooting on here and on the web i gave up...
good luck with yours

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.