'P' key gets stuck on keyboard-won't stop typing 'P'.

Reaction score
My macbook sometimes does this weird thing where it continuously types 'P' whenever I click in a text box. It can happen in the middle of me typing, or as soon as I click in a text box. I've had to backspace quite a few times just typing this thread because it's typed 'P' so much. One time I left my macbook open in Word, and it typed like four pages of just 'P's.

My computer also makes a 'dinging' sound whenever it starts flipping out and typing 'P'. Sometimes it will only type a few P's for a little while, other times it won't stop.

How can I fix this?
I'm not sure if it's water damage, it could be though.
My friend threw a snowball inside and it smashed all over my laptop.
Really friends? ***.

Thanks for the input!

Reaction score
Blogging about good deals on apple stuff. Come vi
Is the p-key stuck in the down position or does it still do it with the key "up"?

How adventurous are you tech-wise? You could verify that it's a problem with the keyboard by popping open your MB and disconnecting the keyboard. Then use an external KB to see if you continue to have the issue.

If it's a non-unibody, you can pick up a new keyboard/trackpad assembly for as little as $20 on ebay.

OP
C
Reaction score
No, it types everything in the up position; it's never been in the down position.

And I'm not tech savvy whatsoever:\

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.