Help no bluetooth after hard disk reformat!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac g5 1.8 macbook 2.2 ipod touch iphone
Newbie here.. I have a imac g5 and i reformatted the hard disk with a new leopard disk..dont have the original disks..so i purchased one..now i dont have bluetooth..BEFORE REFORMATING THE BLUETOOTH WORKED..ive never reformatted a mac..do i need something that did not come with the leopard disk..I also have done all the software updates with no luck fixing this issue..thanks in advance..

C

chas_m

Bluetooth is a mechanical function of the machine, not related to what software you are running on it.

Did you turn the bluetooth back on?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Go to System Preferences > Bluetooth and make sure on is checked. Bluetooth support is built into the operating system so trust us, it's there.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac g5 1.8 macbook 2.2 ipod touch iphone
no bluetooth

went into system preferences and there is no bluetooth..i am new to macs..just got 2 in the last month..imac g5 from my brother which needed a power supply replaced the power supply and fell in love with this machine and macs ..last week i purchased a new macbook which is awesome..but any way..im lost!!

C

chas_m

You say you replaced the power supply in this iMac G5, which means you opened it up. Is it possible you disabled the bluetooth module in the process?

You also say you have never reformatted a Mac ... how did you do it prior to installing Leopard? Maybe that's part of the issue ...

It could also be that the install of Leopard didn't go quite right. You may need to install again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.