Snow Leopard dock problems

Reaction score
Hello. I just recently upgraded ( or downgraded?) to Snow Leopard. My config is iMac 2.4Ghz 24" 3 GB RAM.
I used to have my documents folder in dock as sorted by date order. It would also show subfolders in the list as ordered by date. However since upgrading to 10.6, the subfolder won't sort by date order. Only the first level is sorted by date, the rest by Alphabetical order.
I have spoken to Apple customer services and they have not come across this problem before, and eventually acknowledged that this might be "accepted behaviour" for Snow Leopard.
This worked fine in Leopard, so I think this has to be a bug of some kind.
Any solutions?
Thank you.
Atul.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Welcome to Mac Forums
looking into it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Ok.... create an alias and move it onto your desktop, open it, and select show view options, and then move it into the dock. Worked for me!

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks 6string.
I tried that. It is able to open a folder window. I am trying to get the folder to open as a stack from the dock, sorted by date order. The first level follows the rule. However sublevels don't in Snow leopard. It used to in Leopard.
Atul.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.