typing repeated! big problem!

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I have a macbook pro, the old edition, 1,6 year old.
I have the worst problem ever: sometimes when i type a command, or just push any keyboard buttons my mac repeats it untill i type a new command... it's so frustrating, especially when working! if i type (cmd+z) it can erase hours of work...
I really hope anyone knows something, eventhough i doubt it! can't find any articles about it either!

on top of that my keyboard freezes once a day so i have to restart the mac...

my guarantee is out and i don't have apple care...

thanks for any kind of replies!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Welcome.
We need more info though.
Your Mac specs,
The OS you have installed and any external peripherals hooked up, ie Keyboard, mouse and so on.

Have you tried repairing permissions ??
Is the OS completely up to date ??
The more info you give us the better chance of a good outcome.
Tell us when it happens most and what you are doing when it happens.
Did it just start to happen or has it been doing it for a while.
See what i mean as to more info ??

Cheers

OP
N
Reaction score
hello! thanks for the reply, I appreciate it! let's see:
model identifier: MacBook Pro4,1, Intel core 2 duo, memory: 2GB, OS 10.5.8, just an external mouse hooked up. screen: 15 inch. It's the complete silver one, the model before the new one with a black screen frame.

I haven't tried reparing permission actually, i will give it a try!
I just updated it yesterday, hopefully that will help, somehow i doubt it but who knows.

So i think it's been going on for over a month now, it happens just randomly at anytime, once it starts it will keep on every now and then. So I usually restart the Mac. That helps and sometimes it doesn't happen at all. It happens in Word, typing a mail, working on photoshop, sketchup...on any program.
By the way I have parallel installed with autocad running on it, don't know if that is relevant though.

Second: before that my keyboard had already a problem: it freezes, nothing can be typed neither the trackpad works... luckily with an external mouse i can save everything and restart the mac. I have checked this problem on other forums, seems nothing can be done about that...

What really annoys me is the repetion of a command! it's so frustrating!
for instance if i want to type hello this is what could happen: heeeeeeeeeeello. untill i type a new key it won't stop.

I hope you have enough info and thanks again for the interest!

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Also, have you spilt anything on your keyboard?

C

chas_m

Seconded: stop eating food over your keyboard. You probably have some crumbs in there jamming the keys from time to time. :)

OP
N
Reaction score
I can't remember having spilt something, and i dont' think it's dirt either, but i could be wrong. the strange thing is that it also repeats combination of commands like; cmd+z, and so on...oh well since i posted yesterday it hasn't been acting strange. let's wait and see!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
The repeating symptom is the big clue as too a spill of some sort!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.