I want a .wdgt file to the list of widgets when i run dashboard

J

jack_zack

I downloaded a .wgdt file. When I click it dashboard runs and I see that widget. However, it's not listed next stock,clock,etc. This widget is very important it contains prayer times and it helps me alot cuz i live in minneapolis and it's the only method that reminds me of my prayers (in my country dedicated ppl remind us to pry using mics and very loud speakers!!!)

i tried:

1)Dragging the .wdgt to the dashboard icon in dock and nothing happens.
2)dragging the .wdgt file to the dock it self next the applications nothing happens.
3)dragging the widget to the right side of the dock (the folder side not the app side, the side that contains minimized windows) and an alias icon for that widget appeared. This is good but i want it to be with the rest of the widgets.
4)I tried openin the dashboard package in application's folder and placeing the widget there and nothing happens.
5)I entered .wgdt as a keyword in spotlight to find the location of stock and clock and dictionary widgets so i can add that widget to the same directory, but no search results for .wdgt appeared except for samples from developer folder and the widget i downloaded.
6) i went to system prefrences->dashboard and expose settings and found nothing there to help add this widget to the rest of Apple's widgets in dashboard.

I am sure it's way more easier than it seems and it's a piece of cake, but that doesn't chang the fact that i am stuck. So please help.
:confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Go to your home folder, then Library, then Widgets. Move the widget in that folder.
That's it... :cool:

OP
J

jack_zack

Avalon said:
Go to your home folder, then Library, then Widgets. Move the widget in that folder.

loooooooooooooooooooooooooool

i knew it was that easy thanks man

OP
J

jack_zack

Avalon said:

correction:

library folder in HD not in my home directory

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
jack_zack said:
correction:

library folder in HD not in my home directory

That will install it for all user, the way I wrote would install it only for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
You also might want to head to MacUpdate.com and seach for Widget Manager. It's a great pref pane that makes managing your widget library very easy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz Black 4GB;iPod Touch 8GB;iPod mini 4GB silver;Logitech MX1000;
hey man i don't call this devotion if cant even remember prayer times

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.