• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

longhorn search feature

Reaction score
also...
Did anyone notice the mac-esk may the window appears. Looks like Bill is really working hard at making things look good, and why not follow the market leader in that respect.

OP
Graeme43
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I love student discount (sig)
they also copied the mac scale effect by the looks of it because the genie effect is patented?

and the ability for slow motion

he is trying to make it look nice to hide the fact that it is still windows :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
hmmm looks like spotlight also sounds a little like our good friend jobs

Reaction score
I'm actually looking forward to longhorn. Thanks for the video!

I

iMe

We will be the first to upgrade when Longhorn is released!!!.....But by then, I will already have my ibook, and my parents will use the PC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
WOW... an instant search function! Way to go M$ for "coming up" with that one! No OTHER operating system does that...

E

Ey3 D

Man those guys at Micro$oft are SO imaginative and just plain old creative! They just pull a rabbit out of the hat and never copy anyone else...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
To be completely fair, fast metadata search ("Spotlight") was first implemented in an operating system called BeOS, from Be, Inc. Apple almost bought Be, but instead acquired NeXT.

In some ways, BeOS was more advanced than OS X is today.

I don't mind Longhorn. If Apple is to improve its products, it needs viable competition. And I hope they put a comprehensive security architecture in this one; it'll make life better for all of us.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" intel iMac, 15" MBP, 3 X 13.3" MB (family etc), G4 tower, 12" G4 PowerBook, iBook G4, 20" iMacG5
I have a beta of Longhorn, and i can only say it is like a tarted up XP, but thats what tiger is as well right? I mean, yes its still windows, but windows is great for some things, and so is X, i'm not the kind of person who says 'I'm not even using that, its windows...'
Obviously i prefer X, otherwise i'd be posting on windows forums.......
Thanks
Alex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
it did look like spotlight, then again, when has M$ ever come up with something original, except for crashing, and sucking in general, it doesn't matter how many of tiger's features they attempt to copy, bottom line is that its still windows, and always will be.

Reaction score
Apple gets the best compliments from Microsoft it's called "imitation" ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I think M$ if they really want to try to catch up with Mac, they have to start over again with their operating system and go 'nix.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
iNAP said:
Apple gets the best compliments from Microsoft it's called "imitation" ;)

That is so true, "best form of flatering is imitation" or something like that, i forget the exact words to almost all quotes all the time.

B

badmojo

By the time 'Longhorn' ships, Apple will be onto something better. Apple's is so much more refined, even now, being that is a little inconspicuous app that runs wherever, and is accessible ALL THE TIME. Microsoft is too late to the party.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.