disk permissions error

Reaction score
Guys,

I'm looking for some pointers here, My new macbook pro has thrown some wobblers on me, unexpectantly shutting down, not liking skype and regularly losing connection to wireless router and having difficulties in general.

Not being good with computers I have tried the obvious clean ups etc and keep getting these warnings in disk utility...

Permissions differ on "usr/share/derby", should be drwxr-xr-x , they are lrwxr-xr-x .

and

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired.

I know that the reasons for my wireless errors and others may not be related, but can anyone shed some light here?

Apologies if this is ridiculously obvious and below the usual scope of this forum.

Kind Regards,

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Mate all is good. Have a look at this LINKY and gives you the permissions not to be concerned about. For you look at #9 and #10 ....
No need to apologise BC that is why we are here. Hope this helps and if not post back to us :)

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Also, when you post back....... do so with your Mac specs, and any other details about all the apps and their versions that have been giving you grief, what you mean by unexpectantly shutdown, the wireless router, and anything else you can think of.
The loss of wireless connection can be many things, and the unexpected shutdown can mean anything, but if your Mac is actually turning off, this is of concern.
So, as much detail as you can give would really help us all here at Mac Forums to tackle the many issues that you may be having! :)

OP
I
Reaction score
Thanks

Guys,

Thanks, sets my mind at ease somewhat.

latest Skype version, kept dropping out, crashing, had to force quit process. Skype pretty unhelpful when looking for solutions. Skype 2.7.0.330 has been working well.
iChat has been awesome alternative, I highly recommend, unfortunately not everyone uses a mac.

I am not sure about the wireless problems, every so often the airport seems to go drop out and reset, i have locked the settings and have saved password for network keys, however the memory of this seems to disappear. most of the time after rebooting the router things seem to work out. It is a Netgear Router, I don't have the specs on hand. I can dig out if you reckon this makes a difference.

I know they are not massive problems, but my housemate also has a mac book and iphone and this never happens to him.

Thanks again,

Mackers

13" macbook pro
2.53GHz 4Gb memory

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Skype tends to drop out every no and then... it's just a skype thing.
I'm on the latest version and getting more drop outs than I was on the older build.
Wireles dropouts, I would actually look at you friend's network settings, and check that they are both identical, and just to cover all bases, are you both on the same version of OS X?

OP
I
Reaction score
Thanks

Can you advise what network preferences/settings I should be looking at in particular? thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Since your housemate is on the same network with a mac, when you open Network in System Preferences, that should match your friend's!
I would click airport>advanced, and TCP/IP, DNS, 802.1X, and Proxies tabs and compare all the settings, numbers and selections to his.
I would also click assist me when you open Network in System Preferences and run diagnostics.
You can also click assist me, and run the assistant (Network Setup Assistant) and see if that gets you going if none of the above sheds any light.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.