Running LS On Multiple Macs ???

Reaction score
Hi

Just wondering if it’s possible to install Logic Studio on multiple Macs? i.e. at present I have a Macbook 10.5.6 and intend installing Logic Studio on it. But also in the future will be purchasing Apples iMac and will also want to install LS on that to. Probably a daft question, but if the software was bought legitimately them I'm assuming it's ok to use the discs and install as many times as you like, as long as you bought them and the're your discs?

C

chas_m

No, that's probably not correct.

Most of Apple's licenses (I haven't looked that Logic specifically, you'll have to do that yourself) allow for installation on ONE computer. However, you should be able to UNinstall Logic off your old machine and THEN install it on your new one, no problem. The software is not "tied" to your old machine.

If you want to have LS on *both* machines, you should contact Apple about upgrading your license. If they don't offer a "family pack" or multi-licensing of LS, you'll need to buy a second copy in order to run it on two machines.

OP
musicmad
Reaction score
Ok! however I think I might be in a dilemma here? I will soon be looking to purchase an iMac and Logic Studio together for my new music rig. But at present I have a Macbook which my wife bought for herself 6 months ago but has now given to me as a gift.

My point is even though I will be installing LS on my new iMac, I will also be wanting to install it on the Macbook. So how does one go about this? would I have to change the user name or some type of encrypted code in the system to legitimately confirm to Apple that the Macbook belongs to me?

Reaction score
I'd call Apple support. I don't know about Logic, but Mackie's DAW (called Tracktion) allows you 2 installs, and provides a unique machine identifier for each install (they assume you may want both a laptop and desktop install). You can change either machine by reassigning the number on the Mackie site. It's a bit like authorizing iTunes.

If Logic can be installed on more than one computer, it won't matter who "owns" the 2nd computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Octo 2.8Ghz / Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz
You can install Logic on multiple systems that you own.
It will work but if you have "two or more" copies launched, then the software will see that via your ethernet/ wireless link and you can only run
one copy "at any time"
So, if you use one computer one day and another the next ... no problem.

MM.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.